Login Info

You may log into this blog using the login and password below
and add any thoughts you have about Melisa.
Go to www.blogspot.com

Login: 4mymel@gmail.com
PassWord:boocefuss

Saturday, December 12, 2009

I met Melisa in 2003 when I applied for a job at Rain or Shine toward the end of my freshman year of college. I worked at Rain or Shine for the next 3 years on and off. The first year I worked at Rain or Shine I probably worked 3 to 4 days a week. 2 of those days were morning shifts and I pretty much always worked with Melisa. We quickly bonded over many similar interests - MSU basketball, tennis and shared our lives. Without realizing it, she taught me so much about providing excellent customer service. She had a high standard for her employees and I loved that about her. She was such a beautiful person on the inside and out. I also loved watching her interact with Boo. I could always see the love that they had for each other. They showed me what a happy and loving marriage could look like. She brought out the best in a person and in me. My sophomore year I worked on campus and only filled in at Rain or Shine every now and then. My senior year, Melisa had just opened Polka Tots, and I hardly worked directly with her anymore. I can honestly say that I never enjoyed working at Rain or Shine more than when I was working with Melisa.

I only found about Melisa 3 days ago. I'm still in shock. She will be so deeply missed. Even as hard as it is, I am so thankful that I will see Melisa again in heaven.

-Carey (Tichenor) Grisham

No comments: