Login Info

You may log into this blog using the login and password below
and add any thoughts you have about Melisa.
Go to www.blogspot.com

Login: 4mymel@gmail.com
PassWord:boocefuss

Friday, December 11, 2009

I will really miss Melisa

I met Melisa 15 - 20 years ago when she first opened Rain or Shine. She did nails for a little while in the beginning, and she did my nails. (I was thinking about that earlier today and wondered what I was thinking getting my nails done while I was in college - I had no money..... Guess that's where some of that student loan money went!!) As many of you women know, you can get to know a person really well over the course of a few manicures. She was always so much fun to talk to, and she always really cared about whatever we were talking about. She gave me lots of good advice, and she let me in on her life, too. I have great memories of those talks we had. I've always admired her. After the manicure days, I didn't see her as often, but when I did see her around town, we always stopped and chatted. Even though we had "just" met over manicures in earlier years, it was always great to catch up with her, even for just a quick conversation. I reconnected with her over the past few years since Aidan and my youngest, Cooper, went to daycare together at FUMC. I was (and am) so happy they are friends. I will really miss Melisa. She is so special.

P.S. Melisa's eyes really sparkle and twinkle when she laughs. I have always noticed that about her...

-Kathy Snell

No comments: